Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Office Chapters

  1. Home Page- Obviously. My homepage will be dedicated to drawing in viewers with heavy emphasis on visual design to offset the nerdyness of Manovich inclusion. You will find my introduction and plot synopsis on the home page.
  2. Characters- I would like a page dedicated to the many characters of the show. There are so many and all are incredibly different. I would like to showcase the identifiers of their personality. I will focus on transcoding here and show the way a show can morph a person into a character. We usually think of actors as the characters and call them by their character name, especially with long-standing shows like The Office.
  3. Seasons- With nine seasons, the story line is long. Characters come in and out. I think it is safe to say, we all have a favorite season or two. I would like to dedicate a page for highlighting main events of each season. I like to think that The Office is an example of variability. (I know it is a stretch, but stay with me.) Each season has similar features, storyline, main characters, predictability; however, each season changes, grows and branches in new ways. The show has become a representation of digital variability. Eh?
  4. Memes- There are too many great memes to avoid having an entire page of them. Memes are probably one of the greatest things to hit the digital era, and it would be a dirty rotten shame not to include some visual examples of modularity.
  5. Videos- I ran across some great fan videos on YouTube during a previous post and thought they deserved a spot on my site. Automation would be good to include here because a lot of the YouTube montages are made using programs that you can choose a template for quick creation.

3 comments:

  1. I think your 3rd page will work well. I do not see why it would not work, the name is still "the office" and most of the scenes happen in the office and occasionally variations occur and events take place elsewhere in Scranton. I think when your page is created and you spend a little more time connecting variability directly to that page it will make a little more sense. We are still in the prototype stage.

    I liked your idea of having a page dedicated specifically to memes so much, I copy and pasted the idea into my site log. I am going to add fan art as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating a page dedicated seasons is smart. It's true that fans tend to have a favorite season (or favorite seasons) of a long-running show. I do! It actually got me thinking about including something like this on my site...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should do an office R.I.P. page since it's getting canceled...kidding. Creative interpretation on variability. You could also explore the act of variability between the UK office, and the American office.

    ReplyDelete