Monday, November 5, 2012

site map, blog post #7

My fist page will be my intro page, explaining my topic. This page will be visually pleasing and probably contain some fan art or a promotional video to lure visitors into checking out the rest of my site.

My next four pages will go as follow.

Because there is so much misinformation about running shoes and so many brands of running shoes, I have decided to dedicate an entire page to debunking some of the myths and provide my own suggestions for footwear while participating in the sport. This section will be closely related to interfacing. The shoes one chooses to run in are the make or break point for athletes. Shoes are the point of interaction for athletes with the sport. Choosing a proper interface is necessary to enjoying the sport.

My second page will be dedicated to modularity. Similar to Kimberlee I also plan to have an entire page dedicated to memes and cool fan art that others have created. I do not know if this page will be a promotion page or a de-motivational page. I will have to consider my audience before I make that decision. perhaps the page could contain both.

My third page will be based on Data base logic. This page will explain how it does not matter when or where you start running only that you can move where ever you want within the sport. People have asked me what they have to do before they can go trail running. I typically stare at their face for a second then tell them it is necessary to drive to a trail head. Many people believe there is a special club or secret handshake they have to perform before they can "advance" to trail running, or that they have to be an accomplished marathon runner. Like a database one can move within the sport picking up or leaving off anywhere they wish.

Although there is nothing automated about running, I am going to link my last page to automation because I am going to automate my last page by providing resources for people interested in the sport. My last page will be a page of resources ready for a viewer to click and be hyper linked to useful outside pages were they can continue their own narrative and move beyond mine. This page will contain links to youtube with useful videos, links to races in the area, rehab and pre-hab tips, and trails to go run on.


3 comments:

  1. You've come up with some great ways to link your content to Manovich (tying interfacing to running shoes was my fave). I struggled a little bit with this in my own posts. Manovich's terms are so complex, I tend to wonder if I am really using them properly. Luckily the team's posts have been really good... I like to see how you guys plan to use Manovich within your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your database logic example. However, I do think you could make the argument that there is a lot automation involved in running. For example, do you consciously lift your leg when you run? I feel like when I run after I make the conscious effort to start running my body automatically starts doing it, and my mind is able to drift away and day dream about pizza and beer.

    ReplyDelete